If you or a loved one needs daily care due to illness, injury or following surgery, you can always depend on Smith Village to meet their individual needs. For nearly 100 years, our award-winning Skilled Nursing facility in Chicago has provided comprehensive short-term care and long-term care designed to improve all aspects of life — physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual.
Our Skilled Nursing facility in Chicago continually earns a 5-Star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for excellence in care.
A highly experienced care team that’s like part of the family
We’re not like typical nursing homes in Chicago. Our exceptional Skilled Nursing services and post-acute care are part of a vibrant Independent Living community that provides the security of a full continuum of care in a loving, family atmosphere.
Our highly trained team of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants is on-site 24/7 and is overseen by a dedicated medical director. The longevity of this compassionate team promotes continuity of care and a close, personal bond with each resident that lead to more positive outcomes.
Along with our on-site physiatrist and licensed therapists, they’ll partner with you, your doctor and family to develop a personal plan for care that’s just right for you.
It’s this assurance of quality care and personal attention that enhances independence and patient satisfaction.
Skilled Nursing accommodations
All Skilled Nursing residents enjoy their own residence in a friendly, homelike environment where everyone is treated like family. Furniture is provided; however, we encourage you and your family to bring personal items to make your space comfortable and cozy.
You or your loved one will enjoy three delicious, nutritious meals a day served in our dining room. Residents may also enjoy their meals in the privacy of their room if they prefer.
There’s also the opportunity to join in a wide variety of specifically designed social, recreational and cultural activities to enhance your lifestyle.
Skilled Nursing Care services include:
- Three chef-prepared meals daily in consultation with a registered dietitian
- Physician services on call 24/7
- Licensed nursing team on-site 24/7
- Post-surgical care
- Medication management provided by a licensed nurse
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing and personal grooming
- Oversight by an on-site medical director
- Fitness programs specifically designed for Skilled Nursing residents
- Monthly health clinic with dentists, podiatrists, audiologists and ophthalmologists
- Music and pet therapies
- Physical, speech, occupational and respiratory therapies
- A full calendar of recreational, social, cultural and educational programs
- Wellness programs to stimulate the mind, body and spirit
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments
- Weekly housekeeping, laundry and flat linen service
- 24-hour security and emergency call system
- Salon and spa
- Art center
- Movie theater
Skilled Nursing care is commonly needed after an illness, surgery or injury. These are some conditions that often require skilled care for seniors:
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Cardiac failure
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Other major illness
- Hip or bone fracture
- Hip or knee replacement surgery
- Fall-related injury
- Orthopedic surgery
- Severe osteoarthritis
First, determine your needs. Most Health Services and Skilled Nursing communities offer both long-term health care and short-term rehab/therapy services. If the need is for long-term care, you’ll want to be sure the surroundings are comfortable. The team members, food and recreation opportunities should all be high quality. If the need is for rehab, ask about the success rates in dealing with this particular diagnosis. Tour the building and the rehabilitation area using all your senses to make an assessment: Does it smell clean? Are the rooms and work areas cluttered? Are the team members and other residents noisy? How appetizing is the food? In what ways do the team members interact with residents? Do the other residents seem content? What kind of activities are on the monthly calendar? Can you review a sample menu? These details will help you make a decision.
Learn more about our top-rated Skilled Nursing facility in Chicago by filling out the request form.